Contrary to popular belief, not all eBook sells. If you came here thinking that people will pay for your how-to information in an instant, you could be in for a big disappointment. So before you think about creating your eBook, think about this:
- eBooks that sell provides solutions to desperate problems.
- People who read novels with hundreds of pages buy the traditional books for the love of it, so don’t bother competing with them.
- If you can provide information that cannot be found from a physical bookstore, you can make money out of it.
- It doesn’t matter if the information you provide can be found on the Internet, as long as your eBook provides one-stop access to all information they need, people will still be interested to download your eBook as normal Internet users doesn’t have the time to check every page on the Internet.
Now that we have that in mind, let’s have a look at some of the most important tips to a successful eBook
1. Give your first eBook away for free
To establish credibility, you can create a short eBook and give it away for free. This free eBook maybe a summary or synopsis of another eBook that you intend to sell. You can also use this to generate email addresses of your prospective customers, or gain exposure of your website.
2. Provide an FAQ section within your eBook
An FAQ section is a great way to drive traffic to different webpages from your website. You can provide answers on your eBook in one or two sentences and put up a link for detailed information.
3. Make it relevant and readable
Be sure that whatever title you choose or whatever content you have on your introduction is what will be found on the entire eBook. Remember that you are trying to establish credibility and this may make or break any marketing campaign you have. Aside from relevance, be sure that you choose a good font size like 14 or 15. The eyes tire easily when reading from a computer screen. So if you want your reader to get your message across, be sure that your eBook is readable.
4. Make sure that your eBook can be found easily on your website
The best place for you to post your eBook banner that comes together with an email box is on the upper right corner of your website or upper left. Be sure to have it above the fold, which is that visible portion of your web page without scrolling down.
5. Promote your eBook before and after you publish it
Tell your readers that you will be launching a free eBook in two or three weeks. You can post it in your blog, on Twitter, Facebook, or make announcement to your newsletter list if you already have one. Communicate a sense of excitement and create a buzz. Tweet about it and ask your friends to retweet about it.
6. Article Marketing
Submit a related article to article submission site providing a link to your eBook landing page. You may provide a step-by-step instruction with a link to your eBook for in-depth or detailed information.
7. Promote it on forum sites or other blogs
Popular forum sites can drive traffic to your eBook landing page or your website where you offer your free eBook.
If you have established yourself in the blogging industry, you can also guest post to other blogs and include a link to your eBook page.
Once you have published and promoted your eBook, relax. Give yourself a break. Your eBook will be there, getting people visiting your website, even while you’re asleep.