The task of finding a freelance web designer can be pretty debilitating. You get a run around, you can easily get ripped off, just because you just don’t have any idea how much it should cost you (who’s creating a website every day, anyway?). And worst of all, you spend a lot of time working with someone that turned out to be a waste of time and money after you realize that he can never produce base on your expectation.
I discovered 99Designs from a website I was looking at. It took my interest because they were selling logo templates for $100 only and the designs were actually impeccable. The system was so easy to use that you just have to plug in your website or company name. And if you want to customize it with your own color and theme, you can tell the designer and they will do it for you.
While looking at 99Designs, I realized that aside from logos, banners, and business cards, there were also a lot of freelance web designers available. And due to my experience with other freelancers, I must admit that I was skeptical at first. But when I read how it works, it was pretty enticing because of the money back guaranty if you don’t get the web design that you specified.
Here’s how it works with 99Designs
- First, you specify what you need: logo, banners, website, or even eBook cover design and create a clear outline of what you need.
- Decide how much to pay. Yes, you decide how much to pay. Unlike other freelancers, you ask them to send you a quotation.
- Within a few hours, different designs begin pouring in.
- Now that you have some designs made specifically for your website, you can choose one among them or you can add some comments about what you like and what you don’t like so they can improve their designs more.
- Within 7 days, you will be surprised to see pages of designs from dozens of freelance web designers who worked on your project.
- Check out all the designs until you find the perfect match.
- If you don’t get the website design that you love, you get your money back. No harm. No foul.
If you ask me, this is the best solution yet for website owners who are just starting out. You avoid all the hassles and all the risk of working with someone without any guaranty that the project will turn out well. With 99Designs, you have nothing to lose.
How to Make the Most Out of Your 99Design Contest
- Invite designers. Obviously, if your prize is high, more designers will submit their piece. So if your budget is low, it will be good to invite designers and tell them how you like their portfolio and invite them to join your contest.
- Add references. If there are website designs that may inspire them to pick up the concept, tell them about it and make it public so that everyone can work on it.
- Make a good outline. Be sure to make a full description of what you want to get the best result.
Finding a freelance web designer cannot be easier with 99Designs. They have been featured in New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur and even Forbes because of their innovative platform to help people like us to find the design that we want. Since a good website creates a great web presence, it makes perfect sense to try 99Designs, or your money back.